Friday, March 10, 2006

Goa - Can't remember the dates it was so long ago! :o)


So I've been a complete slacker in getting my last postings made at the end of my last trip but I wanted to get them out there before I started my new postings. A week or two before I left India I went to Goa. Goa is beautiful (for India). The beaches were nice but they don't compare
to Thailand or the Caribbean. Goa was under the rule of the Portuguese for over 450 years so it has many influences from that region. Goa was a nice break from Delhi! Here are a few pictures from our resort. We were able to use our points from the Taj to stay at the Fort Aguada in Goa.



Above is the actual Fort.


Above is the villa we stayed in!


On our first full day we went to a beach called CoCo Beach. We had met our driver Jonny the night before and he seemed really cool so on his recommendation we went to the beach. We were a little skeptical as he drove us there and even more skeptical as he was trying to take us down the road above. He assured us it was where the beach was!


Jonny, our driver for the rest of the weekend! He was a real cool guy that kept forgetting that we weren't from England so he kept using the 'My Love' phrase on us!


Considering we were at CoCo beach I found it very funny they had towels for sale that said Florida.


We took a boat ride for about Rs 400 (just under $10) each to find dolphins. They told us if we didn't see dolphins it would be free! Above is Folake and Shelita.


Our boat driver!


One of the sites on our tour was a prison - as you can see it was a 'live' prison!


We had to pay because as you see we saw dolphins!


Our favorite restaurant in Goa that we went both nights was 'Floyds'! Like Mumbai they have some of the best cheese Nann!! Everything was so cheap - beers were about $2 for the big bottles!! Above is Natalie, Shelita, Reily, Folake, me, and Jason.


They loved us so much at Floyd's that they let us get behind the Tandorri and try our hand at cooking! :o) Jason was the first to try!



My favorite phrase was 'family of four' and if you were lucky 'family of five' - the most I ever got a picture of was 'family of four' on a bike. See the child between the two parents and then the toddler in the very front of the bike!! I know- very safe! Something you would NEVER see in the states!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home