Thursday, August 25, 2005

August 19th - August 22nd - Singapore

We left Friday night for Singapore and arrived Saturday morning! It was about a 6 hour flight, but completely worth it!! I LOVE Singapore. If I could live any where outside the US it would be Singapore. It is warm, clean, beautiful, more shopping than you can imagine, friendly people, relatively inexpensive, water all around - since it is an island, and the most amazing fruit in the world - what more could you ask for!! This was my second trip there this year. I have friends that live in Singapore. Below is me trying to get a picture of the trees - they are so beautiful - they look like huge bonsai trees.


As soon as I got in my friend picked me up from the airport. We went back to their place and had breakfast and then headed for Malaysia. There is a city right across the bridge called Johor Bahru. It isn't anything special but it has some good shopping. We just ran over there for about an hour to hit some spots that I hit last time I was there. Below is a picture of a stop light in Malaysia - all through out Asia they have count downs until the light will turn green - I think it is great! They even have them at a few lights in India.


Picture of Orchard Road - the Peachtree of Singapore! Notice how clean the streets are and how nicely manicured the trees are - clean Singapore!! It was definitely hard to come back to India after being here for the weekend.


All the girls from India in Singapore - Beth, me, Erica, Emily, Minal, Neysha, and Folake! We are at the hotel bar where they stayed.


Theo, Michelle, and me - my friends that live here!


Pineapple rice we had at dinner - it came in an actual pineapple! Umm Umm!


View from table at dinner!


Club we went to after dinner!


Sunday my friend and I went windsurfing on this beach below. The sand castle was neat but all the tankers in the back ground took away from it a little! The water wasn't the cleanest but it wasn't all that bad either.


Newton Circus Hawker center. It is just an area with a ton of different food stalls. I stopped by to pick up some of my favorite fruits and had a glass of freshly squeezed (well not squeezed but you get the idea) Pineapple Juice - it was the best I've ever had!! I could live in Singapore just for the Pineapple!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home